Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Highlights and disappointments
I'm back to a good routine. I usually practice in the morning.
On Sunday I practiced second series, on Monday primary, today again second series.
- I could take my leg behind my head, one after the other during primary. It was not as far and easy-going as it used to be, but it was possible. This makes me happy.
- I could stretch my legs in kurmasana, the body lifted from the floor. Wow. I could even hold this pose.
- Back bending feels great.
- My practice started hurting again. It's almost impossible to add counter poses. Even a downward facing dog after ustrasana seems impossible. Then the sacroiliac joint seems to be out of place.
- I fall out of headstand, because pain doesn't allow to move slowly out of the pose, also not with bent legs.
- To get out of salamba sirsasana is impossible. I leave out this pose.
- I practice variations, but this is great.
I love that I practice. Being in the asanas doesn't hurt. The stuff between the asanas gives me trouble.
I become more and more flexible. The practice is more and more adjusted to my needs. I left the rigidity behind me.
Life is as it is. I make the best out of the situation.
I tried not to practice. This wasn't satisfying.
I ignored the pain. This I don't recommend either.
I became modest and I'm content that I can practice.
On my list are now 10 rollfing sessions. I don't expect too much, but it's something that I do for myself. It's sort of pampering.