Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Accepting the pain


I don't think anymore that my back pain will disappear that fast, perhaps it will disappear never. The words of my orthopedic are still in my mind: It would be a pity if you gave up your practice. And he added. Most people with back pain do nothing.

I practice regularly again, it seems so. I did even a second practice yesterday. Quickly I want to get back to my level of 2 years ago. It's too frustrating not being able to do so many asanas. But there are highlights. Yesterday night I was able to do yoga nidrasana. Wow. What a feeling.

In the morning I focus on back bending. In the evening I focus on forward bending asanas.

One practice is over and I'm looking forward to the next one.

During my morning practice I don't want to take pictures. It interrupts my practice and I need the heat in my body when I practice. I don't want to cool down. This means stiffness and it increases the danger to injure myself.

It might be different in the evening.

Urdhva dhanurasana was great today. What else can I wish.

Morning routine:
- Getting up at 6 am (today it was 2 hours later)
- Drinking coffee and writing my journal.
- Preparing breakfast for my E and sitting with him
- In the meantime the washing machine is running, the bed is made. All these routines happen on autopilot.
- Then I practice.
- Shower
- Blogging
- Breakfast, reading my daily
- Pranayama and Meditation is planned for the afternoon.

I miss the yoginis, but my home practice is safer and more intensive. I learned to concentrate on my practice for 90 min.

Wow, I feel so good. Where is the next horse to ride?

6 comments:

Anna said...

I only recently discovered your amazing blog. I read almost everyday now, it's such a beautiful journey. I started at the beginning and now I am in 2009. So much reading to look forward to for me :))

Best, Anna 2

Ursula Preiss said...

Thank you, Anne 2.

I'm writing now since 10 years. It was an interesting journey. It's not yet over. I'll keep writing, because it so supports my yoga. It's my way to reflect on what I'm doing.

And I love to belong with my blog to an online community.

The world wide yoga community has changed a lot in the last 7 years even. It goes in a direction that seems strange to me, rather superficial. I hope that my tiny voice can add some different aspects.

Thank you for reading.

Best. Ursula

Alexander Roehnisch said...

Did you check, if you have a slipped disc?

Ursula Preiss said...

Thank you for caring, Alexander.

It's not a slipped disc. I can locate the pain. It's the socrialiac joint. It's somehow malfunctioning. This creates pressure and cramps in the muscle around. I even know now what to do to relax this huge muscle: fascia massage.

Alexander Roehnisch said...

Probably good to make an MRI, to check, if it is fractured.

Ursula Preiss said...

You have interesting ideas. But I'm sure about the diagnosis now.