Sunday, November 08, 2015

The counter poses



Sunday. The yoga week starts with intermediate series.

I practiced at home. It's November, yet it was like a summer day. I could open the doors to the balcony and practiced under the sun.

Not all asanas are pain free. It's difficult to get out of trikonasana i.e. I give myself support with the hands.
Most asanas are pain free, I can practice and this is indeed the good news. That I'm a bit stiff is not a surprise. To hold the counter poses longer than only one breath feels good. Often they are performed sloppily. They can relax when done with awareness and slowly. I try to find the limits and then I move on to the next asana.

My practice is shorter again. 90 min is enough. What is challenging comes first. When I focus on intermediate series, back bending comes first. I have still enough energy. I repeat asanas that are difficult, I add exercises. My wheel helps me to relax when I bend backwards. I do less , but more intensive. I don't hurry, I take time, I relax between poses when I need it.

After yoga I felt excellent. Many exercises that shall relief back pain are like asanas that I know. There are also exercises that are special back relief exercises.

Tomorrow again intermediate series. My goal is to have a balanced practice. To practice primary on Fridays is enough.

This back pain is not something that pleases me. On the other hand it seems as if I'm already used to it.

I plan to start my yoga practice at 7am tomorrow morning.

No comments: