Sunday, September 06, 2015

The fourth day of 'fasting'

The fourth day of 'fasting':
1. It's known already: Drink a glass of water in the morning, room-temperature
2. Today up to 8 bananas and 3 glasses of almond milk were allowed.
3. In addition the 'miracle soup' stood on the menu.




Here is the recipe for the soup as you see it on the picture: 
The ingredients:
- half an onion
- 2 stems of celery
- 1 red pepper
- 1 peeled tomato
Herbs of the Provence and a bit of salt. All herbs were allowed.

I simmered the onions in olive oil, added slowly the rest of the vegetables. I let the soup simmer about 20 minutes.

I can clearly say, I had no hunger today. Nevertheless the meals are light. Cravings disappear. It becomes clear why this week is called 'fasting'. It refreshes the senses. I'm surprised how good I feel.

Half of this fasting week is over. I started already planning the time after.

A story: Yesterday I had prepared this salad with carrots. The dressing should be of olive oil and apple vinegar. Quick, quick I took the closest vinegar. The apple vinegar was behind other bottles. Of course I have up to 7 different vinegars. So I used this speciality that stood in the fridge door. To be honest it spoiled the salad. After having eaten fresh fruit and vegetables as they grow in nature during the last days, this sugar- spicy,-vinegar was so artificial. It was too much ugly taste. It was insofar good that I used it, as I realized how quickly my senses recovered.



No comments: