Thursday, August 20, 2015

Repetition is a secret to success


I really take my time for back bending asanas when I practice at home. The three main ingredients to all back banding asanas are:

1. strong legs
2. flexible hips
3. flexible shoulders

I always engage my legs when I do back bending.

Extra asanas are performed to stretch the muscle in front of the hips. To be precise, I do the splits.
Before performing kapotasana I also use my dharma wheel in order to stretch the upper front of my body. The picture shows clearly that I'm stuck here. Pain in the right shoulder prevented me from going further.

I repeat and repeat any exercise that I do.

What I see is that my elbows won't be on the floor when I reach my toes. My path is longer than thought. I must reach the heels. Haha.....

The pose looks much better than years ago.

Repetition, repetition, repetition is the secret to progress.......

No comments: