Saturday, August 22, 2015

Exercises......


To hang in a pose is not enough for me. I don't know how often I've heard: Open your chest. Surely, me too I get deeper a bit, when I hang backwards. Gravity helps. Yet when I want to learn such an advanced pose like kapotasana more is necessary.

I use a wall when I want to deepen my back bending. Psychologically it's easier to repeat this exercise with the legs a bit closer to the wall each time when I repeat it. Yet when I took this picture below, this was the limit. My first attempts ended with my hands much higher.


This might surprise, but my first goal is that doing these back bending asanas must feel good. Of course stretching discomfort must be felt, too, if one wants to progress. Yet when breathing properly it should disappear.
This pose feels good. When I get out of it it feels even better. It is as if my spine got an intensive massage.

I'm a fan of slow and steady progress.

No comments: