Monday, July 06, 2015

Prasarita Padottanasana C


I'm so enthusiastic about this July challenge on Instagram created by kinoyoga, aloyoga and beachyogagirl. Today's asana is prasarita padottanasana C. The better the forward bending is, the easier it is to bring the folded hands to the floor. Yet there is another body part that can be active: the shoulder blades. When they move inward, the arms move downwards. To move the shoulder blades inwards helps in all back bending asanas.

There is still something to do. With the help of a teacher it's a piece of cake to bring the hands to the floor. When alone it's not possible, not yet. I usually stay a bit longer in that pose. With each exhaling I try to to get a bit deepe into this pose.

When my alarm clock woke me up this morning, I heard thunder and rain. This convinced me to practice at home. I'm ready.....
The heat of the last days helped me a lot. The body was so flexible. I'm curious how it is today.


No comments: