Thursday, July 09, 2015

Pashasana


Pashasana:
Since 2008 I exercise this asana. This pose improved in the last 2 years, even though I'm not yet where I want to be. The blanket should disappear one day.

I don't know why it's easier to hook the finger than to reach for the wrist but it is. Yet only to bind is easier.
When the fingers hook the shoulder moves forward and this is exactly the opposite of the purpose of this pose. The one shoulder moves backwards. The shoulder blade of the one shoulder supports this movement. See history. When the shoulder moves backwards this pose can prepare for back bending asanas.

Today I had 2 more insights. Nothing new, yet I realized the importance of the tips. The legs must press against each other. The second important tip is not to sit like on a chair. It's not about relaxing. This pose is a very active pose, too. When lifting up the body, the pose becomes more stable. The weight shifts forward and this should help not to role out of the pose.

I summarize:
1. Correct binding is important.
2. Knees press against each other.
3. The body lifts up slightly, so that the weight of the body moves forward.

There are always body parts that are engaged, others are not.

No comments: