Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Modern Ashtanga Yoga - a summary
Three things have changed:
1. Surya namaskara: the arms move upwards and downwards in front of the body and not on the sides. We take care of our fellow yoginis.
2. Urdhva mukha svanasana: dirsti is the nose.
3. When binding the arms the one hand is slightly closed and makes an easy fist.
There are also other points that easily fall into oblivion.
- For instande the elbows are outwards when doing paschimottanasana. They don't rest on the floor. :)
- The vinyasas are important - the feet shall not touch the floor when jumping forward and backward, yet there is no handstand between the asanas.
- Feet are pointed during the closing sequence.
The workshop with G really helped me to be up-to-date without traveling to India. :)