Monday, February 09, 2015

Learning new tricks - backbending


Urdhva dhanurasana: I always think that I have it easier to come up from this pose, when my hands are closer to the feet. Yet this was the difficulty. The trick: When on the balls of my feet and when I even shift the body weight forwards, it's easier to bring the hands closer. When the hand are firmly on the floor one can lower the feet. This intensifies back bending a lot.

Kapotasana: G taught me another trick here. I have the same issue here. The hands must get closer to the feet. The trick: When I lift my head and when I bring the chin to the chest it's easier to walk the hands closer to the feet. This might astonish, but it is so. I was close like never before today. It felt even good. I had not the feeling that I want to get out of the pose as fast as possible.

I'm optimistic these days. Yet I'm patient, too. To come up from urdhva dhanurasana seems so possible.

Picture: The Feldherrenhalle. When I step out of the subway tunnels in the morning to get to the Mysore class, this is what I see.

No comments: