Friday, December 05, 2014

The new structure of the week


Today is Friday. Around the globe the Ashtanga yoga practitioners dedicate their time to primary, the first Ashtanga yoga series out of 4 series.

We had a Mysore class today, not a led class, yet everybody practiced primary. I loved it. It's less exhausting. And I could focus on the vinyasas of primary, that is I could do them slower, more attentive. They were weak,

I realized that my body and mind were exhausted. It was an intensive yoga week. To do a bit less on the last day is so reasonable.

Today I'll go out with my E. We'll enjoy an evening in the Greek restaurant. I think 'so deserved'. But what is deserved?

Tomorrow is a day off. And on Sunday we can go to a Mysore class. Isn't this perfect?  Yes, it is.


Sunday: Mysore at 8:00
Monday: Mysore at 6:30
Tuesday: Mysore at 6:30
Wednesday: Mysore at 6:30
Thursday: Mysore at 6:30
Friday: Mysore at 6:30 (primary)

Saturday is a day off.

The first asana is discipline. The schedule makes it easy to build a routine. Every day the same show at the same time. It's easy to get used to it. My enthusiasm is growing and growing......




6 comments:

yulang said...

I am so happy to be able to practice on Sunday, together with you, in a group with super atmosphere!!!

Ursula Preiss said...

Thank you, Lang. I feel the same.

Debb said...

You are so fortunate to have an early morning class offered. Here in my relatively small town (18,000 population) we have about 6 yoga teachers offering many classes each week but none in the morning. Ashtanga is just too difficult for me to do in the evening, I've discovered after 7 years! I would love a morning class!

Ursula Preiss said...

Ashtanga yoga is for the early mornings. I'm so lucky that MSch moved to Munich and that he offers Ashtanga yoga as it is taught in India. He is the only one here. You know it, Debb, most of the time I practiced alone. You cannot imagine how thankful I am. My practice is flourishing.

Keep practicing what is possible. Don't give up.

Debb said...

thanks for the encouragement, dear U.. I am also suffering from plantar fasciitis (google it if you don't know what it is) the pain in my left heel is almost unbearable when I rise (walk) in the morning or if I sit too long and get up. It affects standing postures on the mat too.. I had this in 2003 and it now has reoccurred in 2014.. lots of ahimsa going on for me. And, I firmly believe, this too shall pass.

Ursula Preiss said...

Oh my! Yeah, I googled it. It seems to me as if you can do something. But you have probably read everything already. Feet are very very important and complicated structure. Especially we women wear too long the wrong shoes.

Ice shall help if they hurt to cool the pain. However, I wish you quick healing. Take care. Practice around the pain. All the best for you, dear Debb.