Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ashtanga yoga - an exercise for the mind


1. The first exercise for me is to develop discipline. The question is what gets me going. There are tips and tricks, yet a part is individual.

2. To develop a 'I can' attitude develops over time. There were so many asanas that I thought I would never master. The daily practice proved me something else. Now I think rather that anything is possible than the opposite.

3. Focusing the mind on the breath, calms the mind. Worrying can come later. The practice teaches me to direct my thoughts.  This is calming.

4. With the years the span of concentration prolongs. Also this is a precious skill in daily life.



Currently I'm working on the vinyasas. In order to show something I must film. It's already on my list.






4 comments:

Ionut Morariu said...

So cool...i always wanted to get started with yoga but step 1 with developing discipline seems so difficult!

Ursula Preiss said...

It's difficult to start yoga without a teacher, Ionut. You are surely disciplined in other areas of your life.

Ionut Morariu said...

Yes i am disciplined in other areas of my life but this is not enough, i am way too chaotic...i have to discipline my mind!
Frohes neues Jahr Ursula!

Ursula Preiss said...

What shall happen also will happen. What shall not happen, won't happen.

No worries.

Frohes neues Jahr, Ionut.