Thursday, October 02, 2014

Why to get up?


For today I know why I got up. The men who'll put a new board on the balcony will come at 8am. The last time when they came (without appointment) I was still in bed. I ran to the door to the intercom and asked who was there. When I knew that they wanted to enter our flat, I said: Give me 5 min. He: In 10 min we ring the bell again. Sigh, yeah 10 min was much better.

When I don't have to get up at 5am to be on time for a Mysore class, I also don't go to bed early. Then I don't get up early. It's a circle.

Today I'm ready. The men can come now, I'm fully dressed, a bit of lipstick gives me a fresh look.

Yesterday I read about a very famous singer, that he has no reason to get up. He is depressed. He quitted alcohol, nevertheless he doesn't see a reason to get up in the morning. This is a burden to carry around.

Many get up because they have a job and if they don't appear they will lose it. They don't want to lose the job even though they don't like it. I've been there.

Usually I get up to do yoga. I need it, I think, This is  an artificial reason. We need food and air to survive. Yoga is luxury. Yoga betters my life, That's it. Not only the body gets trained, also the mind.
I also get up because I'm looking forward to the first cup of coffee. Tiny joys count, too.

I get up to take pictures. The fascination of this world is still alive in me. I love to create something.
This is why I get up. Happenings.

Why do you get up in the morning?

8 comments:

ae said...

On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I wake up to work.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays I wake up to yoga.
On Saturdays and Sundays I say I wake up to yoga, but in fact I wake up to procrastinate!

Ana Teresa

Ursula Preiss said...

Thank you for commenting Ana.

Whatever shooes us out of bed, it's energy and this is great.

We need to rest, too. To procastinate is absolutely OK. :)

Debb said...

Great question to ponder.. I wake up everyday to three girls in bed with me (and one husband).. these lovable kitties want to eat immediately in the morning.. that is my first purpose. Listening to an interview with Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, Pray, Love) she suggested we ask ourselves What do I really really really want? (must be 3 reallys LOL) I ask myself that either at last conscious moment at night in bed or first moment when awakening..most days the answer is first - feed my meowing kitties and then I want to honor my body with movement, most days successful at my choice of movement!

Ursula Preiss said...

You get up because of love love love. That's great. 3 times love every morning. Wow!

Anna said...

Aren't you working in the labour force Ursula? I thought you took a job a while ago (around when you moved).

Ursula Preiss said...

Anna, this was only a few hours every 3 weeks. It stopped long ago. I work on my own, on my projects. Might they flourish.

Anna said...

Oh, hurrah! I thought that you had been sucked back into the horror of the 9-5!

Ursula Preiss said...

Hahaha, I love your enthusiasm about my situation, dear Anna.
Yeah, sometimes I fear that my house of cards start wobbling. I'll fix it when it's wobbling is my stratagy. Till then I enjoy what is.