Monday, October 20, 2014

The body is the boss


During the weekend I slept longer. I didn't set the alarm clock. It was about 7am or 8am when I got up.
So good that I practiced Ashtanga yoga on Sunday. It was about 12:30 pm when I started. I focused on second series. I had to check if I was still able to do all the leg behind head poses, yet they are all possible, even improved, even though I don't practice them. The reason: all the asanas of primary improve because I get always one most intensive adjustment after urdhva dhanurasana, when I am in paschimottanasana. The distance between body and leg is gone. My body lies on my legs. So I'm relaxed, I don't want to unlearn so much. I know that primary is the basis, it prepares for second series if one practices correctly.

Kapotasana or what I exercise to get there felt absolutely new today. I have the feeling as if I give up resistance. It feels better and better to bend backwards.

Relaxation after my practice was long and not at all superficial as usual. At home I went straight to bed and slept 2 hours. When this happens, I think I need it. Then the body needs to adjust what is learned.

I'm so happy that I can do this daily Ashtanga yoga practice. When it's over I'm looking forward to the next day.

No comments: