Thursday, September 18, 2014

The practice, my rescuer


I feel relaxed. Also patient.

Yesterday after the yoga practice I worked on my calenders. Finally I found a page that offer calenders as products to create. And they do the sale, too. Many pages for photographers only deliver prints. It's necessary to pay a monthly fee often. Sometimes it's a page where one can only take part in an affiliate program. That is only when the customer comes from one's own page, one gets a fee. Many PC users don't use cookies. Then it's bad luck for the artist.

So yesterday I found a page that even puts an ISDN-No on the calender. Then one can sell it on Amazon, i.e. All the other conditions were great, too. I should add that I had former serious attempts to create a calender. Without success. So full of hope I tried to understand this new platform. 'In a few minutes you'll be there', I read finally. I worked hours already on that calender. Uploading pictures, adjusting pictures, filling in forms....it all used up a lot of time. After having read this optimistic note about the few minutes it still took me hours. Suddenly I felt so hungry.

Overnight I had soaked chickpeas. I was not at all in the mood to cook these chickpeas up to 2 hours till I could use them in this simple recipe. I don't like canned food anymore. What to do? I eat out, I thought. I went to that restaurant that makes burgers, they offer also a vegan one with fried potatoes. I mean I was hungry. I went. Just after having ordered I realized that I had forgotten my purse at home. I told this the waiter and she was very cool. I could eat and return later to pay. When my burger came it was a meat burger. I returned it. I got my vegan burger and I swore that this was the last time that I ate there. I almost ran home, got my money, returned to the restaurant, paid and felt free again.

At home again I wanted to work on another calender. I cannot explain why my first calender is a calender with pictures of the wild cats of Bulgaria. Why didn't I start with a yoga calender? Soon I found out why. The yoga pictures are everywhere on my PC. One must spend time in organizing all the creations. One must!!!! I gave up to create a second calender as it was late already.
At night I woke up. The name of my calender is 'The wild cats of Bulgaria.' Oh my, I thought: Perhaps this is wrong and it must read ' The wild cats from Bulgaria.' This drove me crazy. So glad that I slept finally again. I don't care at all, was the last opinion before dream land captured me again.

My routines get stronger and at 5am I was out of bed. My practice this morning was unexpectedly good. Perhaps because I had no expectations. I practiced slow, yet attentive.

Here I am again. Full of energy. Ready to do what comes next. Again my practice saved me. My mood is excellent. It took me years to do supta kurmasana, I can work a few days on a calender, isn't it. One step after the other. One breath after the other.

Picture: Our shala. The place in the left corner in front is in great demand.

6 comments:

mikeintonbridge said...

"Wild Cats of Bulgaria" would be correct- you were right first time! Worry for what? as Iyengar would say.

Ursula Preiss said...

Sigh! lol. Thank you, Mike.

An hour ago I got a message from the company. They rejected the calendar and I cannot submit it a second time. They couldn't upload an URL. Strange. The letter was a noreply-letter. :) Good idea. Now my yoga calendar has an opportunity. Hahaha....

Btw, I liked the othe profile picture, too. I'd say even better. there comes time for a change again.....

Anna said...

Stop worrying! As long as you don't need to call it "The Role of Cats in Bulgaria - you'll be fine"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I love your photos of cats... you always seem to capture their dignity and 'attitude'.

Ursula Preiss said...

Hahaha.....the year is not yet over. Anna, at the end of the year you should be able to buy a yoga calender because there exists one. :) :)

Melissa ______ said...

I love the yoga studio in this post! It's by far the most beautiful space I have ever practiced in! I try to get there whenever I'm in town. Definitely an inspiring place to be.

Ursula Preiss said...

Yes, it is a beautiful place. Say 'hi' next time when you're there....