Monday, September 15, 2014

I was well prepared


That I had practiced on Sunday was excellent. My body was ready for an intensive practice this morning after an intensive weekend with party and such.....but also with a Sunday morning practice, with a lot of back bending....

Back to an ascetic life. Bread and water. This translates: fruit and vegetables, peppermint tea and a cup of coffee in the morning. Very bearable.

My Iyengar gives me hope. His back bending asanas at age 70 were unique. He shows what is possible. And MSch helps me every single day in kapotasana and urdhva dhanurasana. One day these poses are mastered by me. I'm convinced. And then I can move on. I'd so love to do the leg behind head poses again. Human beings are so: we love to practice what is easy for us. In Ashtanga yoga we also practice what is difficult for us. If we like an asana or not doesn't play a role, if we are good at it or not doesn't play a role either. We practice what comes next in the series. This is for me also a life lessons. Nothing shall be omitted. What comes next will be mastered with attention, love, energy.

Inhaling - exhaling........ the week has started - let's make the best out of it.


No comments: