Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Back in the shala


This morning I got up on time. It was not easy, I'm out of the rhythm after the vacation. It's dark now at 5am. Even when I leave my home it's still dark. Many people are awake already. I'm not the only one in the subway at 6:02am. My destination is the shala downtown to practice Ashtanga yoga in the Mysore style.

Today I was the first. When I started with my practice I was alone, yet not long. Soon the shala filled. What a difference to practice with people. My concentration is so much better. One can be thankful for everybody who makes it to the shala.

The atmosphere was so good that I didn't discuss with myself if I should drop back into urdhva dhanurasana or not. I did it. 3 times. Back bending was neglected during my trip.

My Ashtanga yoga practice teaches me life lessons: what ever one practices or whatever gets attention grows. The opposite is true, too. One loses skills every day if one doesn't exercise them. This is so hard to accept sometimes. Nothing is reached forever.
One goal must be to establish a daily practice. I have it and I'm loving it.

Facebook (Photography)
Facebook (Yoga)
Flickr
Website

2 comments:

Anna said...

SO true Ursula. I ran on Saturday after having 6 weeks off due to a minor operation and my hips are killing me.

Ursula Preiss said...

So keep running...

I always think of my language skills. They need daily exercise, too, not only blogging. Grammar exercises would be good. :)