Monday, August 18, 2014

"I'm stiff today." "Me, too."


Oh my, the weekends........

My practice almost killed me today. I'm amazed that I was able to do all the asanas, not as deep as on good days, but all asanas were possible. I even dropped back into urdhva dhanurasana. Yet my practice felt 'difficult'. In the morning already an inner discussion started: Shall I go? Shall I not go? I know that these discussions lead to nothing and I took a shower and a long cold shower at the end, too. This woke me up. Go, I told myself. I knew I'd regret later if I skipped a Monday morning Mysore class.

Not to be pushed too much I warned MSch before he adjusted my back bending asanas: "I'm stiff today." Such sentences are usually redundant as he realizes this without a word from myself. This is the huge advantage if one practices with the same teacher on a daily basis. Yet today I felt to add a comment not to get challenged at all.

I survived the practice. I feel good now. No restaurant meals this week and at the end of the week I'll be in top form again. Hahaha......

No comments: