Saturday, July 12, 2014

Supta kurmasana


Supta kurmasana is one of the core asanas of primary.

Not everybody's body proportions allow to cross the feet in front of the head. Mine don't. I have to bring the leg behind the head, left leg first, then right leg, before I can move forward again. I put my legs behind my head  while in a sitting position.

1. I don't hook the feet anymore. They are pointed.
2. When I move downward, I stretch my body. In the meantime also the tip of the nose touches the floor and not only the front. The goal is to bring the chin to the floor.
3. I don't hook my fingers anymore. I try to reach with my right hand the wrist of the left arm. With help it's possible.

Ashtanga yoga doesn't get boring....

And here is the exit pose....


I'm working on moving to bakasana from here.....

This should be doable, too..............one day.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Good luck tonight!

Anna said...

Well! Well done! What a great team... so young. Bet Munich was jumping last night! We're all jealous here in England :-((

Ursula Preiss said...

Thank you, Anna. This was a most exciting night. We stayed up till 2am or even longer. What a party.

These youngsters gave everything. And the goal was so elegant. The relief. Only 7 more minutes we thought, ony 7 min.....

Ahhhh.............