Monday, July 21, 2014

Stay longer - 10 breaths


I know that this is an excellent tip by MSch. I fear sometimes I didn't even hold this pose for 5 breaths.

What's the effect when I hold urdhva dhanurasana longer?
1. The pose becomes comfortable. Yes!
2. When it feels good to be in the pose, it's possible to get a bit deeper into it. That is I walk my hands again closer to the feet.
3. When a pose becomes comfortable, it's easier to breathe deeply and the breath will finally help to come up.

In Sharath's book it's even recommended to lift up 5 times. Each time one can move the hands a bit closer to the feet.

I don't know why I'm so optimistic today, but I am.

I always get perfect adjustments when I do this pose. This has a leverage effect. I'm so thankful.

The plan:
1. Lifting up 5 times
2. Staying longer in the pose
3. Focus is on breathing and lengthening the body.

2 comments:

namastejade said...

Hi there, Absolutely beautiful blog. Im new to blogspot and have also started a yoga blog. I really hate to do this but I would love it (if you had the time) to check it out!

http://namastejade.blogspot.co.uk

Thanks so much and keep going with all the lovely work you're doing!

Ursula Preiss said...

Good luck.