Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Second practice of this week - the breath is so important


I practiced this morning. The hotel room gives me enough space to do all the asanas and without thinking that I'm in a deep valley between bed and wardrobe. My body was soft today and strong. Practices like today are motivating. The weather helps. It's so reliable warm here in Bulgaria.

Back bending: We all know it, correct breathing supports the practice. Nevertheless, I realized that my breathing is superficial when I do back bending asanas. Today I exhaled deeply. This comes first. And then with the next inhaling, my body got blown up like a balloon, I stretched my arms and I was in urdhva dhanurasana. It was so much easier.

In order to get closer with my hands to my legs I don't come down on my head, move them closer and get into the pose again. Instead I shift the weight to the legs and then I move the hands further to the legs. This is important as one day my hands must lift from the floor anyway. I have this technique from Kino MacGregor. It's challenging to get closer with the hands to the feet that way.

-----------------------------

Today we made a trip to the countryside. The sunflower fields are amazing. We tried to find a restaurant, but couldn't. Hungry we returned at the hotel in the late afternoon.




At 11pm Brazilians and Germans want to know who plays better soccer this year. We'll watch.

Facebook (photography)
Facebook (yoga)
Flickr


No comments: