Friday, July 04, 2014

On back bending


It feels as if I progress. I also think that I understood what to do when bending backwards. For instance it's most important to have strong legs, to stretch upwards, to lift the chest. Yet yesterday I went through my back bending pictures on my asana blog and I couldn't make out much progress within the last 5 years. It looks as if nothing has happened.

Yesterday was not the day to write a critical analysis. The picture above got on Explore on flickr, which is seldom and shows appreciation. I enjoyed the attention.

Today is another day. I plan to do more back bending. Half of the year is over. Till the end of the year I want to focus on back bending. Let's enjoy the ride......

2 comments:

Janneke den Dekker said...

Savour the journey as you simply move into the posture. Sometimes all we get for doing something is who become in the process. :)

Ursula Preiss said...

Thanks for your comment. I love the aspect you're mentioning: It's important who we become in the process. This is more important than the accomplishment of any asana.

If you don't mind I'll make a blog post out of it.