Thursday, July 24, 2014

I drop back again


Back bending: I drop back again. From standing position I go to urdhva dhanurasana. I didn't miss it. It's not so important to do it. More important is to work on standing up from urdhva dhanurasana. If this is possible to drop back is a piece of cake. The goal is not to fall back, yet to drop back and to be in control of the body.

Yet 2 days ago MSch told me to drop back again. I wondered if I were still able to do it. There was no time to develop fear. I dropped back and this was it. This dynamic movement is repeated 3 times. I try to walk my hands closer to my feet when in the position.
I know that when the moment comes when I cannot hold myself anymore, that I have to stretch the arms towards the floor. Consequently and firmly. They must hold the body. I realized that my feet pointed outwards. I was cautious, I guess. Next time I try to keep them parallel. My head didn't touch the floor. I could hold myself.

This week I had 5 intensive practices. I needed a lot of sleep during this week. I'm glad that we have a led primary tomorrow and that I have a day off on Saturday.

If I weren't asked to stop at kapotasana, I wouldn't work so intensive on back bending. I always get adjustments when I do kapotasana and urdhva dhanurasana. This is a leverage effect. So much moves. On Sunday I'll take again some pictures. I'm curious myself if I can see the felt progress.

No comments: