Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The yoga week has started....


It will be a short week. Yesterday was a day off. On Friday will be a moon day. That is, this week I'll have 3 Mysore classes, one was today.

During the last days I was traveling. My yoga mat was with me. I didn't find a place where to practice. Mostly this is an excuse. I was up too late. Therefore I also slept longer. This is how it was and often is when traveling. When joining groups that don't practice yoga in the morning, the rhythm of the day is changing.



After 3 days off I always fear the next practice. How so often it has been better than expected. It's hot here now. I started sweating from the beginning on. This helps.

Back bending is weak. It feels so. I do it. And I don't think so much about it. Progress cannot be seen every time I practice. Today I got motivated to keep my bandhas engaged and also the legs when doing laghu vajrasana. One must be stubborn. Next time I'll talk to myself when doing it: hold, hold, hold, hold, hold it. I often give up too fast. Laghu vajrasana strengthens the will power.

With my body proportions back bending is difficult, yet not beyond reach.

So I'm through my practice. I'm happy.

3 comments:

Debb said...

Loving the John Deere tractor!! That green machine is close to my heart (or our pocket book - wallet) My husband's business makes the upholstery interiors for John Deere tractors. Whatever were you doing in one? You lead an interesting life, dear U...

Anna said...

I see that you're getting great weather in Munich. So much rain here recently - good weather for ducks!

rida habib chorfa said...

the text seems to me beautiful and interesting and nice photo