Monday, June 02, 2014

Back home...


We age differently. During the weekend we celebrated the 90th birthday of my mother-in-law in the north of Germany. She is indeed an example that life can be great at 90. She loves to travel, she loves to be among people. She loves to party and her flowers in the garden. No complaints, but  'present moment awareness' and 'present moment fun'.

Others have difficulties to put on the socks.
I got admired because I sat on the sofa in lotus pose.

In order to stay strong and flexible as long as possible I practice Ashtanga yoga. This is only one reason, but yeah this practice will support me with my wish to stay healthy. So on Friday I did primary in the living room of my parents. On Sunday I skipped my practice. Instead we sat in the train, me more than 6 hours. This makes stiff. I could feel it this morning in the Mysore class. I started sweating after the first sun salutation. To survive it is all you can wish today, a little voice guided me. And I survived it.

Afterwards I walked to the Viktualienmarkt to get a juice drink there. From tomorrow on I'll work again as an accountant, not full time, but I guess I'll be rather busy for the next few months. The 'yes' is simply closer for me than the 'no'. I organize my work around my yoga practice. It's doable.

I go with the flow..........


6 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Birthday to G!

Gosh, it's been so long since you were in an office - Good Luck... Don't take any crap and tell them it's 'sie'. :-))

Ursula Preiss said...

Thanks, Anna. It's limited, so I think it's all fine and I'm looking forward to do this job.

mikeintonbridge said...

Oh! That's a sudden change, after so long deliberating whether to work or not to work, feeling that you should be working, then realising that it wasn't essential. I suppose an opportunity has arisen, and in life as in yoga you are flexible.

Good luck!

Ursula Preiss said...

Indeed a sudden change, an opportunity to earn some money and an opportunity to get inspired for photography. Real life is interesting. I step out of my ivory tower, only to return after a while. I'm simply a 'yes-sayer' and flexible. :)

Debb said...

How exciting for you, dear U.. The challenge of something different for the mind will be good. May it bring positive things to your life!

Anna said...

Oh, photography! I thought you'd be back in the accounting office. How exciting!