Sunday, May 18, 2014
Will it ever improve?
1. Hands are still too far away from the feet to be able to come up.
2. I need also more strength in the legs and hips. The legs pull me up.
I look at the picture and I create a plan of action:
- My next step could really be to add an exercise when I practice this pose close to a wall. I could try to bring the chest to the wall.
- It could also be an idea to set a timer in order to hold the pose longer. This I can only do when I practice at home.
- Shall I trust in the visualization technique? Yes, yes.....
Good news is that this pose feels better than years ago.
There is such a gap between how it feels and how it looks. It looks so much more modest than it feels. This is why I love my pictures. They show me the truth. The truth: work harder when you want to come up from this pose.
This is how I spent my Sunday morning: I practiced Ashtanga yoga. It was a short practice, till kapotasana. I only practiced second series. Better a short practice than none at all.