Thursday, January 02, 2014

"One can also exaggerate."


Between Christmas and New Year I visited my parents. I practiced primary. My mat lied between TV and the armchair of my father. He sat at the table in the dining room and observed me: "One can also exaggerate." "Consider, that I have to practice for you, too, I have to do a bit more", I interjected. This convinced him.

We remembered how one convinced babies to eat: one spoon for your aunt, one for your uncle, one for your brother and so on. I'm not sure if this method is always successful. In my case it was not.

Yet when I dedicate my practice or asanas to someone, my energy increases like a miracle. 

My yoga start of this year 2014 was excellent. To get up at 5am is not yet so easy, but as soon as I've left my home, I'm in anticipation. During my practice my thoughts circle about the asanas. I focus on the breath. I remember what I've learned and try to apply it. My practice is relaxed, my mind is relaxed.

Tomorrow is a led class. Great.

2 comments:

Debb said...

I often do this at the beginning of a practice.. san kalpha... and you have often been the focus of my intention.. Namaste, dear U...

Ursula Preiss said...

Thank you, Debb.

Perhaps this is the reason why your practice and mine too leaped ahead. :)