Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Vacation from everything...


Vacation from everything has been on the schedule. It seemed so. At least till this late morning it has been so. All my habits got some days off during the last week, also those that are a joy, like writing my journal. Today I realized that in a week I'll have the first Mysore class again in Munich. It helped me to step on the mat and to remember my routines. Primary is done now. It was good. I sweated a lot, because it's warm here and because primary exhausted me. I also wrote my journal again. I'm getting back to my routines that help me to navigate me through life in a joyful, relaxed way.

It's an important rule not to omit asanas or vinyasas. I sticked to the rule. This is what pushes me forward.

Nevertheless today is a relaxing day. We take a day off from being tourists, too.
Yesterday I finished the book 'African Queen' by Helge Timmerberg. I read till midnight. This man traveled with his girl-friend seven months within the continent. What we experience here in South Africa is Africa light in comparison. By now no elephant attacked us, I had no malaria either. I agree, most dangerous is the traffic in Africa.

Cape Town is full of guests who want to attend the ceremonies due to the death of Nelson Mandela. Many politicians are here, also from other African countries, from America, from around the globe. In the hotel where we stay, we see most beautiful women in African dresses and headdresses. All is very colorful. I'm thinking 'WOW, all the time.
We wrote in the  book of condolence that is in the lobby. We won't go to the stadium today. We avoid the masses. All is free. One only needs a passport to get in. Our waiter from our breakfast restaurant informed us. Nevertheless.....

We, E and I enjoy being together, we laugh together, this is enough for today.
And tomorrow we'll be on a safari tour.....


2 comments:

Debb said...

What an interesting time to be there! I have thought of you when I see news reports on the TV. I am basking in glorious sun in Phoenix this week (used your 'traveling tips' to prepare). It is getting easier for me to travel, I have even forgotten about every possession I have back at home, except for my kitties :). Yoga even happens easier, I have such less distractions as I do in my own home. Namaste, dear U...

Ursula Preiss said...

Oh, this is all good news. The kids will be happy to have you there.
When you do yoga, you feel good. This is also wonderful to hear.

Perhaps yoga made you flexible?
For me it is true, yoga made me flexible in many ways.....

Enjoy the time in Phoenix.

Cordially greetings from sunny Cape Town.