Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last day of the year 2013


The scenery is known. Suddenly my E sat next to me with the alarm clock in his hand.
Me: "What? Already 5am?"
He:"Yes."
I had the feeling as if I was just falling asleep. My mind is so busy during the night with all the activities I want to do the next day, so that I don't feel well-rested the next morning.
Me:"I'm so tired. Shall I go?"
He:"Keep sleeping."
Me:"Why?"
He:"Because you are tired."
And out of bed I was. Lol. My fellow yoginis came into my mind. I also thought how good I will feel afterwards. And so it happened. I went, had a lovely practice, enjoyed to see all the yogis and yoginis and now I feel excellent AND an entire day is still available for all my important and not so important activities.

We move and I want to clean the basement there. Decluttering is on the schedule, too. What can be done by now, must be done.

In the evening I'll prepare my Indian red lentil soup for E and myself. At around midnight we're invited by a friend to have some Champagne and a Krapfen.

I make resolutions also this year, because I love planning: 
In the train during my tour to Germany I read a story by a coach. A woman was so exhausted with all her projects she had to do. She asked for advise what to do. The coach took 5 shoes and threw them at her. She should catch them. She tried again and again, yet she only caught one or two. Finally she had the idea to catch one shoe after the other. She could do this. She was asked to  tell the coach how he should throw the shoes. And suddenly she could catch them all.
The message: One step at a time.

Less is more: 
My yoga goals for the next months: back bending.
I want to study English and French again. My languages must get better.
...
...
...

I wish you all a wonderful, relaxing evening. Happy New Year. 

2 comments:

Anna said...

Happy New Year from London!
Ursula - wishing you all the best for 2014 and thanks for your blog. My resolutions are: to get my hand/wrist back to normal and lose several kilos in weight. And to stop procrastinating!

Ursula Preiss said...

Dear Anna,
It's very likely that you'll reach your goals!!!!!

Happy happy new year.

I'll feed my vegan blog. Perhaps you can get some inspirations......

London is surely lively on such a night like this.....have fun....and thank you for being such a long-time reader....

Ursula