Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wonderful


Today I slept well. I was in bed on time (9:30pm), yet it was not super easy to get up at 4:50am. It helps me to think of the other yoginis. I know that only to get up is difficult. The first hour is slow, I even feel a bit confused. I don't find the things I need, like my brush, my yoga clothes. So early I'm in such a sloppy mood, that I would even leave the house uncombed. To go is all that counts, my subconscious might want to tell me. Haha...By now I always found my brush. It's either in my handbag, in the bathroom or on my desk. I don't know what my brush makes on my desk, but there it lies sometimes. I put on every day the same pullover, the same jacket, the same jeans. Creative mind is still sleeping.
When I wait for the subway, my day is in full swing. Yepee, I'm on my way, I think. I'm still not stiff at 6:30 when I start my first sun salutation. My open wound on my knee made the back bending asanas a challenge today. I did them. This means that I'm mentally strong after 6am.

My Ashtanga yoga life has been never so intensive like it is now. 4 days Mysore classes with an excellent teacher, who works with me, 1 led class (often the full first series) 1 home practice.

Soon it will be a habit to get up at 5am. To form a good habit one needs a month, this is my experience.
To form a bad habit, one needs a day. Hahaha, it's true.

Today is party time. If I'll be in bed before midnight, I'll get up at 5am.
If I'll be in bed after midnight I'll practice at home after waking up.
And on Friday night we'll fly to South Africa. Yoginis are flexible beings.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Oh, South Africa - where will you be?
I keep saying it, but when you arrive at a point in life where everything is flowing - it's like a little bit of Nirvana!

Ursula Preiss said...

Cape Town. From there we make day tours. I love this style of traveling as I can settle down a bit.

Knowing that all is a happening is nirvana all the time....

Anna said...

Oh yes, good lesson!

yulang said...

Recently I start to get up a little bit earlier and cook myself a chai to warm up. Then I feel much better when stepping out into the cold street. :D

Ursula Preiss said...

You were missed today, dear Lang.

I have a coffee and even a tiny breakfast. Sometimes just half an apple or half a banana.
Eating wakes up my organism.I want to give time to my body to digest a bit. This is why I have to get up about 30 min earlier.
Perhaps I try out to eat after yoga and to have only a coffee or a tea. Yeah, it's worth an experiment.