Tuesday, October 29, 2013

On discipline


Usually we think that a person is disciplined if this person does what she/he wants to do. People who are disciplined get things done.

How to be disciplined?
What are the ingredients when being disciplined?

1. One must know what one wants to do. This can be i.e. to get up early to practice yoga.
2. Once the decision is done one shall not question it every day.
3. The mood is not important either. If one likes to do it or not is not a helpful question if one wants to be disciplined. Just doing it, is it.
4. Having a strict routine helps to stick to the plan.
5. When a habit is formed it gets even easier to be disciplined.

After having done an activity it's time again to be emotional. To enjoy the accomplishments will make oneself stronger the next time.

I had the discipline this morning to get up at 4:30am. I showered, had a tiny breakfast and then I went to the Mysore class, that is offered at Airyoga since a few weeks. The class starts at 6:30am and ends at 9am. The door is open at 6:15. When I arrived 5 or 6 Ashtangis practiced already. We should become even more, nevertheless I had enough room. The Airyoga is a beautiful shala. The Ashtanga yoga community in Munich is growing. I saw no familiar face.

I was so excited. I didn't know what to practice, first or second series. When M, the teacher came to me and asked me to practice primary for the first week as it's tradition, I had no issues with it at all.
My breath was fast during the sun salutations, as I was still excited. How will be the adjustments? I say it right away, they are perfect. Finally again a teacher who understands the poses, someone who has feeling in his hands.
In Marichyasana D he moved my body upwards while I was inhaling. He turned it around while I was exhaling. He created room. It was a deep adjustment. It could be felt that he has understood the anatomy and the goal of the asana. This was not the only adjustment that I got. Of course I got help in back bending, too. I'm happy beyond imagination.

At 9am I was at home again. My practice was done and now I've time to focus on my other passions.

Good is I can also leave my mat there.

No comments: