Sunday, August 25, 2013

The second challenge


I start again with Attila's "30 days challenge", that is to eat 30 days vegan. Today is day 1. In the meantime Attila has created a page on facebook. It's a lively group. I'm amazed how much knowledge comes together there. Matcha tea was a topic yesterday. I have it here, but the box slept on my spice shelf. Yesterday I tried this sort of green tea and it tasted so good, that I know that this can be a substitute for my coffee in the morning. So this morning indeed I prepared a Matcha tea for myself as a wake-up beverage. It tastes like green tea only softer. One has to whip it like milk. This I've not yet done, but this is necessary. Otherwise the green poudre sinks to the floor of the cup. I use a different cup than for my coffee. I've a tiny Japanese one for my green tea.

It's not so easy to swim the river upwards. To live in a society where most people eat animal products it's easy to get seduced to do the same. I don't blame others. I know that when anything is not so easy, one learns a lot from this, too. One becames an expert in learning, in observing, in motivating and and and...

Yesterday after midnight I was in the mood to go out for a walk. Round the corner is a bar and the party was still in full swing. I had expected deserted streets, but this was not the case. I loved strolling around a bit. It refreshed me.

Today is Sunday. Second series is on the schedule. I'm looking forward to my practice.

2 comments:

Anna said...

He sounds good - it will be great to get his book in English. I find I slip off the vegan diet so easily and yet this is the very best diet for me: I have more energy and a better mood. I think I'll join you in this 30-day challenge.

Ursula Preiss said...

That's great, Anna. Yeah, join us. It's easier to do this in a group.

Perhaps I'll write more about it. For 30 days, I think I can post some sentences for motivation. :)Or perhaps a picture of my self-made food. :)
Today was day 1.