Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Beaten!

 

I know all the tricks, all, not one worked today. I didn't practice Ashtanga yoga this morning. At 2pm I had another appointment at the dentist. I had a few important activities on my list this morning, this is true. All were done. There would have been time for a yoga practice. It didn't happen. My mind was wandering and busy with my teeth. 

Today the amalgam of the teeth of the left upper jaw should be removed. It lasted 30 min. As always I got an injection. This one there didn't hurt. Awful  is the sound of the drill. This sound enters the brain. I keep my hands relaxed and focus on the breath. Yet the sound of the drill is intrusive. 

When the left upper jaw was done the dentist wanted to go on with the treatment. I needed a break of 10 min. 

Another injection. The injections at the lower jaw are worse as they must meet the nerve. Oh oh oh oh oh, I moaned. Finally the fluid was in my body. We waited. The tongue, the lips and the right side must become numb. A strange feeling. 5 min we waited, then I could hear again how the drill unclenched the amalgam. The sound is the worst during the treatment. Afterwords it's the dumbness. 

I walked home after the treatment. Movement is good, I think. Always. 

I called E to ask him to do grocery shopping. I had not the energy anymore. The dumpiness disappears, I know, yet it will last a few hours. To go horizontal was my wish. 

Now only 1 tooth is left with amalgam. 

We had dinner and now I sip red wine and we had marzipan as a last sweet end of a salty, spicy dinner. Wine and sweets are the quick fix, the fast drugs. I'm enjoying them right now. 



A downward facing dog for A in Canada to keep her motivated to do the tiniest step in the wished direction on a daily basis. Good luck. Much doing, not so much thinking will help. A bit of humor cannot be bad either. Wink.

9 comments:

Mooly said...

I've been following your blog for about a year not and find I turn to it when I'm lacking personal motivation. Thank you! As for teeth, about two years ago I went through a traumatic time of treatment lasting a year. It was rough. I want you to know that your true smile will shine through your pain and this will be seen all around you. Stay positive x

Kitharo said...

Still love these photos. You have such a good eye for visuals!

Anyways... it's so great how brave you are with your dentist appointments. My stomach would have been a tight knot and my mind full of worries... good thing, the journey will soon be over, nobody likes to too see a dentist :-)

Enjoy your evening with E :-)

Ursula Preiss said...

I know that others have the same issues with teeth. This is why I'm writing about it, even though I consider it more as a private issue. I know that I'm in good hands now. I've found a very good dentist. I'm so happy about it.

Stay motivated. When my blog can help you, it's great.

Ursula Preiss said...

As Ashtanga yoginis we are exercised in standing a bit of pain. Yet it's not real pain that I feel. The treatmant exhausts me mentally. Yet as I know that it is necessary, I feel good with it. Sigh.

I hope that I have a good eye...:)

Cordially greetings to you, Julian. :)

Debb said...

I LOVE the new blog banner picture. You are a gorgeous woman, every inch of you, dear U.. Such an inspiration for this 50 something woman.

You are also a true warrior with your dental issues. Over the half way mark now? yes? Are you practicing additional warrior poses (wink) - if so, they should shine. I always gather mental strength when practicing Virabhadrasana I and Virabhadrasna II.. Virabhadrasna III is more of a surrender pose for me.
Namaste, dear U..

Ursula Preiss said...

Thank you for being with me, Debb. Right now we're watching soccer: Germany : Praguay and I'm almost back to normal. Next session is after my US trip. Wink, wink. Details will be delivered as soon as they are a tiny bit more precise. :)

Thank you for your compliments. All is a gift, all is a happening.

Namaste Debra.

Anna said...

Thank you, thank you, danke liebe Ursula for the downward dog dedication!

I am not fighting my poor wrist anymore - a result of the training you've you've given me over the years. But I am still a little bit envious of your superb wrists :-) I was always admiring my beautiful wrists. haha.

After a few days of exercises I can see some little improvements: my knuckles of my hand are now visible...

I am starting physiotherapy at the Fracture Clinic in the local hospital here tomorrow.

Give us a rest, dentists and hospitals!

Anna said...

Thank you, thank you, danke liebe Ursula for the downward dog dedication!

I am not fighting my poor wrist anymore - a result of the training you've you've given me over the years. But I am still a little bit envious of your superb wrists :-) I was always admiring my beautiful wrists. haha.

After a few days of exercises I can see some little improvements: my knuckles of my hand are now visible...

I am starting physiotherapy at the Fracture Clinic in the local hospital here tomorrow.

Give us a rest, dentists and hospitals!

Ursula Preiss said...

Yes, we both need to recover a bit.

Stay patient. Focus on other things. Meditation is yoga, too. It's exercise for the mind! and an important exercise.