Thursday, July 25, 2013

Antibiotics are not for me


Oh, I needed another "me in pain picture". The teeth topic is still current. I see, my hair got long. I made the picture smaller. Pain is less, too. Shall this small picture be a good omen that pain diminishes soon.
I think one should learn to handle a bit of pain. Every pill has a side effect. The stomach, the liver are important organs, too. It's good to learn methods to deal with pain and this is only possible when having pain. I'm not a hero here. When it's too much, it's too much, then I take one of these chemical clubs.

I also don't like air-conditioning. Sometimes it's hot, sometimes cold. The body has the ability to adjust. We can dress appropriate. We can drink more water when it's hot and drink more tea when it's cold. When it's colder we are perhaps more prolific, we have to slow down when it's warm. A human being is not a machine. Variety makes life interesting.

Yesterday I had stomach cramps. I vomited for hours. It was horrible. Nothing was left in my stomach anymore and it went on. I ate a dry piece of bread. Yet this too came out again with cramps. I think it's the antibiotics. If I had taken pain killers I wouldn't have been sure which pill caused this vomiting. It seems that my body cannot stand antibiotics. This is not good as the antibiotics should kill the inflammation under my gums.
I have to call the doctor today.

At night I got up and washed my face. This felt so good.

The wisdom teeth are out, this is good.
Pain is less. This is also good.
My cheek is thick like never, but I don't care. I'll cool it again.


6 comments:

Grimmly said...

Sorry for your pain and discomfort Ursula hope it passes quickly. I posted some links to pain meditation podcasts and youtube videos here,

http://grimmly2007.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/the-way-back-to-practice-6-pain.html

And yes the pain killers are the worst, if your blocked up a bit Senokot has been working for me (it too well on occasion : )
much love x

Ursula Preiss said...

Thank you so much, Anthony. Kidney stones are a nightmare I've heard.

One technique I also use: I observe the pain from the outside. Somehow this helps.

I want to feel what's going on in my body. Only then I can adjust my life style to the necessities.

Health for you, too. Ursula

Kent J. Taylor said...

I hate air-conditioning too, it chills me to the bone.
It's remarkable that you find the strength to blog while enduring such trauma.

Ursula Preiss said...

My fingers are OK, Kent. Trauma is perhaps a bit of an exaggeration.

It's my routine to blog, I love to do it. I cannot sleep all day long, yet I sleep much. Sleep is indeed very good.

Anna said...

Drink warm water first thing in the morning for any constipation.
I would rest my cheek on a hot water bottle covered in a piece of cotton for easing pain.
And sniff some drops of lavender essential oil on a handkerchief for calming the body.
Listen to Bach.

Ursula Preiss said...

It must be cold water Anna, so that the swelling goes back.

Bach is an excellent idea.....and lavender, too. We've a lot of essences here. :)even room spray.