Thursday, June 27, 2013

Two lame practices in a row


Yeah, two lame practices in a row, but I practiced. Discipline is rather good these days.

Today I started with the CD by Sharath. Oh, oh, I had forgotten how fast he counts. After Janu Sirsasana C I stopped the CD as I wanted to add asanas from third series. I did some, yet soon I had enough. My closing sequence was more than short, a quicky it was.

Then I watched YouTube videos on how to press into handstand and how to do the splits. The girlies recommend to exercise it twice a day. After the videos I was again motivated. That's how the mind works - moods and thoughts can change like a tsunami. Uplifting thoughts and depressing thoughts are a fracture of a second next to each other. Observing them is a method to deal with them. Thoughts, moods come and go like the waves of an ocean. Advanced in life, I'm entertained.

Be content, I thought, too. What always counts is to practice. To keep up a daily routine is one of my secrets. This is why I progress despite my stiffness, despite my age, despite my lame days, despite......

Tomorrow is Friday. At the end of the week and at the beginning I rather stick to the programme. Primary is on the schedule.

2 comments:

Anna said...

And so it is. One second - a nightmare; just seconds later - spirit is soaring! Hahaha. Just be entertained as you say.

PS. Despite doesn't need 'of'. Or you could write 'in spite of'.

Ursula Preiss said...

Oh, I was not sure. Thanks.

Believe it or not, but I'm repeating chapters of my English grammar. Yeah,it has to be!

How is your arm? I hope you feel better already....