Sunday, June 02, 2013

A list of asanas of second series where I need props


.....and next steps, how to become independent from the props like wall, blanket, blocks.....

1. Pashasana.
I altered how I get into this pose. I start with the heels on the floor. This way I don't have to move backwards which is a risk to fall out of the pose. When getting into this pose is stable, I'll put away the blanket.

2 und 3. Backbending: Laghu vajrasana and kapotasana
Forward split shall help here. And I do as many back bending as possible. Patience is required! I won't give up here, no.

4. Bakasana B
Will start exercising again away from the wall.

5. Pincha mayurasana
I will learn to fall. Viparita dandasana could help here. Also here I have to exercise away from the wall. The wall is like a drug.

6. Karandavasana
It's not possible when pincha mayurasana is not really stable. It will take years to be able to do karandavasana.

Supta urdhva pada vajrasana is an asana that improved a lot, yet I cannot hold my toe when I move forward. I need no prop here, so I won't add it to the list.

To stand up from urdhva dhanurasana is of course also not yet possible, but I think it's an asana that doesn't belong to the middle part.

6 asanas out of 27 need props. This is about 4%. This is not that bad. Two years ago I needed more props.


Good is: there is no asana I think I won't be able during my life time.

Jupp Heynkes (coach of the Bavarian soccer team) (68) was asked what made him so successful. He said that he's disciplined and that he's preparing when he's coaching. Discipline seems to be one of the core skills. Whatever one wants to learn one needs the discipline to do it.
This is one of the mental skills one acquires when establishing a daily practice. One can even say, to step on the mat means that one has mastered already the first task. It's worth to observe oneself what helps to be consequent and what makes it difficult.

And I feel like practicing now. I want to take advantage of this impulse......






1 comment:

adahung said...

Wonderful list. This fueled to make the most out of my yoga this morning.