Wednesday, June 19, 2013

2 hours Ashtanga yoga is enough.


I woke up at 5am. I had missed already sun rise. Soon I got up and at 9am I was on the mat. No discipline issues these days. It's also the weather that helps to be so consequent. When it's warm it's so much easier to bend.

Like yesterday I did a lot of back bending asanas. One day these asanas must improve only because I put so much time into learning them. It's not possible to realize progress on a daily basis.

After the leg behind head poses concentration faded. How do I realize this? I want to leave the mat, I dawdle, thinking starts becoming intrusive........I still added pincha mayurasana and mayurasana. Oh my, I'm so fearful. I don't know how to get away from the wall when I do pincha mayurasana. I must learn to fall, but this scares me so much.

Not all asanas were done, but it was enough practice. I finished it with the finishing sequence. At the end I lied on the floor to rest for 10 min. I showered. Now I want to meditate for 10 min and again almost 3 hours are dedicated to my yoga practice. I love it. It's pure luxury. What a time-consuming practice I have, oh my.

I eat light these days. On the picture is my salad of yesterday: 3 carrots, 1 apple, parsley and a dressing made of oil, citron, a bit of salt and a bit of Algave syrup.

6 comments:

Kitharo said...

Fear of falling is the worst. After years of yoga I still have much fear in the headstands - I thought it would resolve with time, but it didn't. Can't even imagine Pincha Mayurasana..

The salad looks delicious - such a great idea, I think I'll try it tomorrow. Hopefully it gets colder tomorrow, I'm not a fan of this weather :-)

Which you a nice evening with 30°+

Julian

Ursula Preiss said...

The temperature is so southern Europe. I love it.

Losing the fear of falling in headstand: think chin to chest, chin to chest, chin to chest. Then it's very likely that you roll out of the position.

Re pincha mayurasana one can either roll out of it, or getting into urdhva dhanurasana. This makes it more difficult to fall safely. Yet I fell out of this position already several times. I was only shocked. that was it.

A relaxed evening for you, too, Julian.

Kitharo said...

I'm more of a winter person :-) (even though it makes yoga in the morning harder)

Thanks for the headstand tip, I need to try it tomorrow, but little tricks like that often work with me :-)

I can feel you with the Pincha... the shock of falling is always really intense. A teacher once asked me "What bad could possibly happen if you fall out?" And I anxious mumbling "I could break my neck and be dead instantly." haha

A fearful mind is the worst :-)

Ursula Preiss said...

I also imagine the worst......

Another fear that I have is that I fall against my balcony door and that the glass will break then.
But when I'm in class and when I've room I often think: not today. Hahaha

Nevertheless, this is on my list: learning to fall.

Have a good day.

Anna said...

"learning to fall" - but not so that you break your arm haha.

Ursula Preiss said...

The secret is indeed, that one must know "how to fall". :)