Sunday, May 19, 2013

My other passion - photography



Yesterday I finished a project that had started the 1st April 2012 and ended yesterday with the above picture. For one year I wanted to take a portrait, every day. I started with self-portraits, yet I didn't like to take 365 selfies. So I discovered street photography. Soon I felt like a paparazzi of the ordinary people. From time to time I found volunteers, and I had a shooting, which pleased me a lot.

During this last year I had a lot of time to test a lot: color, black and white, perspective, body parts, movement, different light situations and so forth. I've been in different countries during the last year, i.e in Turkey and Sweden just to mention two of the countries that I could visit. Always my camera swung around my neck. I've been always ready to capture an interesting frame, an interesting person.

Here is the result of the work of one year: 365 days, every day a portrait.

Enjoy. 

4 comments:

Anna said...

Selfies - awful word!!! Is it American? I think probably so!
Fabulous photography as always - you're really talented.

Ursula Preiss said...

Ok, I'm not convinced of this word either. Will use self-portrait again. Sounds better, also for me.

Anna said...

I really enjoyed the slideshow - is E. somewhere in this? or even, G.? ;-)

Ursula Preiss said...

Yep, E is there 3 times, hahaha. He's a bit hidden, of course. :)but I love to know him in that collection.

G is not there when I remember well. She doesn't like it. I respect this.