Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday


It was good again that I practiced yesterday. I did primary with some third series asanas. All asanas of primary were possible (why not, why do I doubt), yet the vinyasas were weak, very weak.

How can I improve the vinyasas?
Am I still too weak?
Or do I lack the correct technique?

I'll keep practicing it. I know it can last years till the vinyasas are super good. I started too late. The insight that it's important like the asanas came too late. Bad habit to complain about the past.

Better to focus on what I can do NOW.

We've still the summer break here. I plan to visit the other studios. I got curious again what's going on in Munich in the Ashtanga community. One of our yoginis goes to Iyengar classes. I admire her practice. Perhaps some Iyengar yoga could improve my practice, too.

Yesterday I watched "Frauentausch". It's a program where a woman or man lives in the other household. They live the life of the other one so to say. It's amazing how inflexible people are to adjust. But I admit I wouldn't like to miss my morning routine, too. I'd be very reluctant to give it up.

Going to other studios might improve my flexibility. I've to adjust to what is offered. My main concern is that most classes in other studios are limited to 90 min. This means for me I have to hurry through the series. Yet why not get into it for some time. Speed can be a challenge. It can help to focus and to eliminate the breaks.

Time to practice here at home. Primary today as it's Friday. It got late already.

8 comments:

Anna said...

In England we say: "A change is as good as a rest."

Anna said...

Getting ready for the big match, Ursula? Good Luck!

Ursula Preiss said...

Yep, ready.....it has just started. :)

Anna said...

Bet Munich's all smiles today

Ursula Preiss said...

It's very calm here,everybody seems to be still sleeping. There were big parties here downtown, yesterday.

Yeah, it was good, a good match. :)

Yoga Booklet said...

Very good ;)

Yoga Booklet said...

Beautiful

Ursula Preiss said...

Thank you.