Monday, April 01, 2013

À l'Orange


We stay at a little hotel en Provence. 
It's already 10:30 and we are having breakfast. Next to us are other couples who have breakfast, too. Croissants are offered and coffee, orange juice, baguette and jam.

Yesterday we drove to l'Orange, a village with a huge theatre. Not so many tourists are here at that time of the year. The sun was shining, yet there was a cold wind. We walked around and visited the tourist attractions.

We have breakfast and then lunch, no dinner. This is more than enough. The French chefs are so creative when I say that I'm vegetarian. What can be seen on the picture below was my main course yesterday. I had a salad first and a mousse au chocolat at the end. This is enough for the day. I didn't eat everything. I couldn't. Let me describe what's in the bowls: Ratatouille in one, potatoes and asparagus in another one and green beans and mushrooms in the last one. Every meal tasted totally different. We sip half a bottle of red wine together. At the end we drink an espresso. Our lunch usually lasts hours. :) French life style, I call it.





No comments: