Thursday, February 21, 2013

Back bending


If a back bending is easy, one can hold it longer to be challenged. For me the easy back bending positions give me the feeling that it's doable. Slowly I go deeper. When the pose is not so challenged I can focus more on a deep breath.



These pictures are interesting for me. Props don't belong to Ashtanga yoga, nevertheless I can imagine that holding weights in the hand of the stretched hand, could help to stretch.


Today I practice primary. The only really intensive back bending is urdhva dhanurasana at the end. The picture tells me the truth. In order to come up, my feet and legs must be much closer to each other. My attempt today is to really hold this pose for 5 deep breaths.

Poses that I add: forward split and side split. Forward split is a preparation pose for back bending as it stretches the front of the leg that points backwards.

No comments: