Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tirieng mukkha eka pada paschimottanasana



Dristi is the foot. I gazed at the foot even though it doesn't look like this on the picture. Back and neck are in line and I looked forward, I know this, without frowning. The eyes are rather open when I look forward. This wakes me up.

I also see why I'm told from time to time to move the bent foot a bit more away from the body. I'm not sure if this is so good for the knee. My sit bones are on the floor.

Also here I can repeat: it's about the hips. I remember that I was very happy when this pose was done a few years back. The stretching discomfort was not a nice one. This bettered a lot. Today my tolerance to bear discomfort was rather high. Also this changes from day to day.


I practiced primary today. Taking pictures motivated me. My pictures give me the best feed-back that I can get.

These days there is no asana anymore that I want to omit when I practice primary. I like them all. After 10 years it gets easier, a friend told me once. This is it perhaps what she meant.

No comments: