Monday, January 21, 2013

I fell


On my way home from the Mysore class I fell. The ice and snow is melting, this makes the streets and sidewalk slippery. In my right hand I had this huge umbrella, in my left hand I had my handbag. Then my right leg slided away. It was so fast, it happened in a fracture of a second. Suddenly I sat on the wet floor, still my umbrella in my hand. The right leg was bent, the knee was on the floor. The inner foot was on the floor, too. The left leg was bent too, yet the foot pointed backwards. In such an awkward pose I sat in the snow like paralyzed and astonished what had happened, till a woman wanted to help me to stand up.
I checked if all my bones were at the right place. They were.

Thanks to my yoga practice nothing had happened. I'm neither injured nor have I broken one of my bones. Only the shock pumped adrenalin through my veins.

Now I was sure that I deserved a lunch at yam vegan deli. The wrap with a delicious filling consoled me and calmed me.

My practice was not easy today. The group setting helped me. I'm very motivated and so happy that the season has begun.
I went to my yoga class as if I went to work. Now my work is done and I've time for all my other activities. This is a perfect day for me.

30 min of napping and then I can move on........oh.......

9 comments:

Dan Chen said...

Hope everything (continues to be/is) fine!

Anna said...

Oh Ursula what a shock for you! I'm pleased to see your perfect thinking now. your yoga is your job - I have been thinking about this for a long time. You are working at yoga rather than for a company/organisation. So you go to work every day as you would in the paid labour force and then you finish and the rest of the day is for you to do whatever you like. No problem! The time management need only apply to the out of yoga hours...

Ursula Preiss said...

Thanks Dan Chen. As I wrote, I was only shocked, as I fall so fast. My bones and knees everything is OK.

Ursula Preiss said...

When I'm in the subway with all these employes, I felt it: they go to work, me, too. Only that my work is yoga and I love what I do.

You expressed it so clearly in one of your last comments and I think it's a supportive to think so.
To go out of the house to a yoga school makes it easier.

Ursula Preiss said...

How about your blog, Anna.
I checked it out, yet I found no posts.

Anna said...

Oops, no nothing yet! After Portugal!

Anna said...

Ursula - you are "self-employed"!!!

Ursula Preiss said...

Yes, this is true, Anna. I am.

Anna said...

That is, you are employed by the self, *for* the self!