Sunday, December 02, 2012

Second series


I started at 14:45 and at 17:00 I was through second Ashtanga series. This was more than 2 hours of practice without a break, but including the 10 min relaxation at the end. At 15:45 I thought of the yoginis whose led class started at this moment. I felt connected and it helped me to go on with second series. Everything was done. I even added back bending asanas to make kapotasana easier.

This practice is time-consuming. I realize it again and again. Pranayama, meditation, showering is missing and I practiced already more than 2 hours. Writing this post requires also about 25 min. I shake my head. I don't want to give it up. Hahaha......

The book by Tim Ferris is in my mind, especially the question "how to learn". It's not that I want to learn super fast. The feeling of stagnation doesn't please me either. It becomes clear for me that if an asana or vinyasa is difficult I won't progress if I practice it once during one of the series just to see how it is on that day. Less than 1 min spent on an asana that is difficult, perhaps 3 times a week is not enough. Difficult asanas need repetition, they might develop faster if held longer. It might also help to do some exercises beside the regular practice.

I was not in the mood to go out today. Saving the commuting time to the shala is a bit like winning 1 hour.

It's time to cook something for us. The ingredients for an Indian lentil soup are at home. I'll make it spicy. My practice made me hungry.

PS: If you don't have a kindle yet. It's such a nice present also for yourself. Buy it. It saves money and space. It's worth the flees.
Thank you for buying your Christmas presents via my blog. 

No comments: