Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Perseverance



My yoga practice was intensive yesterday, I felt my hips this morning. They were a bit sore. This is a good sign. Something moves.

This morning I went to a Mysore class. I was able to exercise (translates: I do what is possible) second series and the few asanas of third series, too. Only through the practice one learns which muscles to engage, where to shift the weight and and and.......

For the poses to come I do need perseverance. In the meantime I know the way: practicing, studying the poses, reading about it, learning from those who know how to do it and practicing again. Focus is on doing not on studying. After years one can see progress. Sometimes one leaps ahead. In my case it's difficult to make out daily success, but I know it comes when I do my homework.

It became hectic here in Munich. It reminds me of one of the purposes of yoga. It's staying relaxed no matter what's happening around. To observe al the energy in movement can be entertaining. In December Christmas is coming and this makes the people run around like wild ones. Busyness can be seen everywhere.

When I practice I forget everything. Only the next movement, the next breath enters my consciousness and what is around me.

Inhaling, pause, exhaling, pause, inhaling..........

No comments: