Monday, December 03, 2012

It will be a home practice


7:00 am: I have a plan. Yes, yes. Today I want to work on.............

15:23, after lunch: And now???? A stomach filled with broccoli doesn't like to twist. Practicing back bending is also not such a joy with a full stomach. This vegetable is easy to digest. I shall wait. I had a good practice yesterday and if I shall have a day off from yoga, it's not the end of the world.

The mornings are dark already these days. One gets the feeling as if one gets up in the middle of the night. At 6am I want to get up, often it's 7am.

Back to the plan: I want to focus on third series during the week when I practice at home. Why not. I can repeat the asanas, I can do pre-exercises. I'm not at all worried if my practice lasts 90 min only instead of over 2 hours.

Time to rest for 30 min. I feel, I need it.
Things get done, when I don't practice. This can be so relaxing.......:)

5 comments:

Anna said...

Remember the days when you got up at 0500 in the pitch black cold to do your practice before work? True willpower and organisation...

Ursula said...

This was a nightmare, Anna.

Today on my way home from grocery shopping, I thought: perhaps it would be good to work in an office to meet people. Then I passed by an office and I saw how they all stared in their PCs. And I knew I don't want to get back. I've enough friends and contacts. I don't need colleagues.

I'm happy with my willpower. I practice minimum 3 times a week for minimum 2 hours. Most of the time it's more. There is a life off the mat, too. I've other interests, too, which are equally important: photography, writing. To tame this greedy practice Ashtanga yoga is not that bad from time to time. This could be the topic of a next blog post.....:)

Hope all is well with you.

Anna said...

Yes, you've freed yourself from the daily struggle of a 'career' (slave) and are living according to the natural rhythms of the day (spirit). It's courageous to do that - most people stick with the conventions - gut gemacht!

Anna said...

PS. I'm going to start a blog!

Ursula said...

Let me know your blog address. I'm curious by nature. This is indeed good news.