Thursday, November 15, 2012

My travel tips - part 2


Have comfortable clothes in your suitcase for the time you spend in the hotel. One cannot walk around all the time. When we've vacation we also relax. To run from one sightseeing to the next is not our way to travel. So there is always time to stay at the hotel. Sometimes they are cleaner sometimes not. In order to feel comfortable I have warm clothes with me that allow me to do lotus pose. To sit on the bed with street clothes is not what I do. Also when you're out a lot, there is always time in the hotel.

Be organized also in the hotel. Don't be a messy only because you travel, because during travel time these hotel rooms are your home.
- I put back my cosmetics and tooth brush in the morning, so that the room mate can clean easily the bath room.
- I usually don't unpack my suitcase. A few clothes I might put on a hanger, this can be the coat or an elegant dress for a nice evening. The rest remains in the suitcase. In the meantime every item has a place and I find blindly what I'm looking for. The wardrobes in hotels smell awfully most of the time, I don't want to put my clothes there.
- Of course I put off my shoes when I enter the room.
- It can be good to have flip flops in the suitcase for such cases that the floor is not inviting to walk barefoot.
- When leaving the room, I put my PC back in the bag, too. This I do also for safety reasons.

Hahaha, when we were in Brazil the lady who cleaned the room wanted to say good-bye to us because we were the cleanest and best organized people she has ever seen in the hotel. This astonished me. I think she exaggerated a bit. I felt a bit embarrassed about her enthusiasm about our hotel behaviour.



The following tip rather belongs to my last post: Order vegan food in the plane when you buy the ticket. It's so much better than all the other food. At least you've some fruits during the flight because the dessert mainly consists of fruit.
Our observance during the last years is that the food that is offered in airports got better, the food on the plane worse. If you can afford it eat in the airport. It's healthier. 


Most people take pictures during vacation. If you're not yet in the habit to write a journal, do it on vacation. It's so unique to travel and who knows how long this will be possible that we can travel as we do it now. It might become too expensive one day due to the limited resources. One forgets so quickly. To keep a journal during vacation sharpens the senses and doubles the fun.


5 comments:

Debb said...

Simply and wonderfully put into words.. thank you. I will remember these suggestions when I travel in three weeks.
Namaste

Ursula said...

Very welcome.

I've a part 3 in mind....:)

I had to break down all the thoughts into steps or parts.

Namaste

Anna said...

I love these tips. And yes, I do much the same. No outdoor clothes on the bed; flipflops for bathroom floor (all those strange feet...); Neat and tidy in the room; clothes and things remain in suitcase - can't bear smell of wardrobe and fluff in the drawers! I like to stay as if I could vacate the room in 5 minutes!

Anna said...

Oh, and I never eat aeroplane food or drink aeroplane tea (old water stored in tanks for years, I was told. I drink water and eat bananas.

Neil Advani said...

Great tips…information I know but need to practice.


Thanks,
breathing techniques