Sunday, November 18, 2012

Classic rock.


Another possible title that came into my mind was: my stiffness. 

This shall be a back bending? This is nothing. Ambitious as I was this morning I wanted to do some more back bending asanas as this is my weak point. Kapotasana shall improve. I added raja kapotasana. I know the head shall touch the feet one day, or the other way round. Right now I doubt that this will happen one day, but this thought needn't to be thought. Hello and good-bye. To practice is my focus not to think.
I'm not sure if raja kapotasana will help me to improve kapotasana. I see it so: important is to back bend whatever it is.

I lied on the floor on my back and looked at the ceiling. Procrastination. After a while I did urdhva dhanurasana. I even dropped back. Once.

My yoga practice has started this week with a classic rock: second series. It's good to sandwich the yoga week with second series in the beginning and primary in the end. It's a guide through the week.

It has been so good  to practice this morning. As always. My yoga place is wonderful. I'm prepared for the Mysore class tomorrow. Mission accomplished. 

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi Ursula, In the past couple of weeks, I have had two people with about four decades of yoga and yoga teaching experience between them tell me that there are people who can do backbends and people who just simply never will. Of course there are all sorts of considerations for each asana - it is never "just" the back extension or flexion - but I also have found that, even people with the most amazing practices, flexibility, strength, etc., can simply not be fantastic back benders. I don't say this as a discouragement!! I say it because it takes the pressure off....yoga isn't about make a shape with our bodies (thank goodness!). We learn so much from our challenges and the places that are easy for us. Maybe you will reach some idea of "full expression" or maybe, just maybe the whole notion of full expression for you, specifically, isn't about certain benchmarks created as a generalization about what that asana is about.

Truly, I offer this comment as much for myself as for you...and I offer it as encouragement NOT discouragement! YS1.12 - Abhyasa vairagyabham tan nirodhah.

No need to say more!!

Ursula said...

Thank you very much for your comment, Robyn.

It's very interesting what these yoga teachers say. It's indeed rather a relief than a pressure.

I must say, I got better already. My age doesn't allow me to progress fast. This is so. I'm in peace with this.

Very good is that my teacher didn't stop me at kapotasana i.e. only because I'm not able to do it.

My mantra: practice and all is coming. I'm curious what is coming.

Happy practices.