Friday, November 02, 2012

C u soon......


"See you soon," the waiter greeted me when I left the restaurant. Three times I've been there. I loved the vegan food in that ordinary pizzeria at the opposite of Powell's bookstore. Not all restaurants invite me to sit there. Some have orange plastic chairs and are so ugly that I don't want to spend an hour of my life time there.

In sum I loved to be here in Portland. Highlights were the Japanese garden and I loved to be at Powell's book store. The huge trees  were so beatiful when the sun was shining. It was as if they were burning with the red leaves on it. The wind gave liveliness to the scenery.


Cu soon. I don't know when soon will be. It can  be that this time was the last time, but I'm not sentimental. The show must go on. Who knows........

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your blog is great Ursula. Isn't weird what people in restaurants say sometimes? Especially when the food is bad, service bad and then they are wanting a good tip out of it all - killing customer at the end with kindness? Ugh.
Elizabeth - fellow yoga and Vegan friend

Ursula said...

Than you, Elizabeth.

In general the service and friendliness is so much better in the US than in Europe. I cannot complain at all. In Portland it's special that one can get vegan food almost everywhere. I enjoy this.



Anna said...

But the service can also be overpowering. Sometimes I just wanted to say -"Leave me alone!"