Friday, November 16, 2012

A healthy diet




Nothing supports a yoga practice more than a healthy vegan diet. Since I'm back from the US I love to cook again. Despite huge portions I rather lose weight. The kilos on the weight are not the only reasons for a good practice. The joints feel like oiled when I drink and eat properly.

I had 2 excellent practices in a row since I'm back. Once I practiced primary and once second series. Today is Friday and I'll practice primary again.

New is that I feel more and more attracted to the more subtle yoga practices after my asana practice: pranayama and meditation. The interest comes and go. Perhaps I stick to it for a while, perhaps I'm ready now for these practices. It felt good to do it. Of course this makes my practice again longer. What I realize is and it shocks me, I'm almost a full time yogini. My day yesterday reminded me of the life of Krichnamacharys's daughters. In the morning they did asana practice, then they relaxed and in the afternoon they did pranayama and meditation. The difference: I love to have a shower after my asana practice, but then I did pranayama for about 10 minutes and I sat for 10 minutes. K's daughter probably had a chef while I have to prepare my meals by myself.
At 2pm I was ready to work on my projects.

Jet lag update: Yesterday I didn't nap. At midnight I had ravenous appetite and I gave in: An apple with soy yogurt, nuts and raisin should calm my stomach. After midnight I was in bed and at 4:30am I woke up. This is about 4 hours of sleep. Jet lag disappear, you devil. I have enough now. It's so much better already, I shall not complain. Yesterday was my best day.

Plans for my practice today: 
Vinyasas  shall get extra attention.
I will hold those asanas that need improvement longer and I'll even repeat them.
To add hanumanasana became a habit when I practice at home
Back bending got lousy. What can  do here? Repetition comes into my mind. That's it.


2 comments:

Anna said...

I have often thought this about you, Ursula - you are a yogini: it's what you do for a living :-) Truly.

Ursula said...

Thank you.